Alain Mikli: Unique French Designer Eyeglasses
If there were an eyewear wing in the Louvre it would almost certainly be filled to the ceiling with the work of Alain Mikli. Born Alain Miklitarian in 1955 in France to an orchestra conductor and a dressmaker, he was always destined for the artistic path. He later went into optic school to learn the mechanics and functioning of eyewear. It wasn’t until the age of 23 that he discovered he had a passion not for the functionality of eyewear, but the aesthetics of them.
At this point in Mikli’s life he began his own company to focus on driving the ideal that eyewear is not meant as a simple prosthetic, but as true “jewelry for the eyes.” An ideal that has been proven correct by the overwhelming success of Alain Mikli. Today the Alain Mikli brand can be found everywhere from Paris to New York.
“Frames to see as well as be seen.” –Alain Mikli
This quote really says it all when it comes to the style of the Alain Mikli Eyewear brand. Alain Mikli combines functionality and art. They utilize the newest technology to create functional glasses that are both comfortable to wear and durable. This is mixed with a style that uses bold colors and unique shapes to communicate the wearer’s personality.
Alain Mikli Eyewear uses a mix of materials to create their masterpieces. These materials include brightly colored, durable acetate and lightweight titanium.
Alain Mikli has countless options to turn your face into a work of art. They have been worn by countless celebrities including Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep and Kanye West to name a few. Here are some of the most popular options available at the Eyewearhaus:
- Candy: These sunglasses are a great choice for anybody looking to feel fun and flashy. They’re made with brightly colored acetate to be both eye-catching and durable enough to stand up to any amount of fun in the sun you can have.
- Chamarel: Individual, hand-polished squares of acetate are placed by hand into molds to create a unique checkerboard pattern in a multitude of colors.
- Bicolor Metal: Wide acetate temples complete with a brightly colored, two tone paint job. These frames are made of high quality titanium. A great choice for durability and great looks.
- Rectangle: Men’s frames with an intellectual twist. These trendy, high quality acetate frames are sure to please.
- Natural Acetate: Made from the only fully organic plastics available, cellulose acetate, these frames are the perfect pair to help you help the world.
Ensure your glasses make an impression by wearing Alain Mikli stocked at Eyewearhaus Boutique located in Creve Coeur. Come check a pair out today.
While you’re here why not get an eye exam too? Eyewearhaus Boutique has a team of highly trained opticians that are dying to update your prescription for you. Schedule an eye exam today!
Here are some other eyewear recommendations for you based on your interest in Alain Mikli Eyewear: